This article describes how to perform point-in-time table-level restores that extract tables or portions of tables from archives and logical logs. Table-level restore is a new feature for IBM® Informix® Dynamic Server Version 10.0. This feature is useful where portions of a database, a table, a portion of a table, or a set of tables need to be recovered and also useful in situations where tables need to be moved across server versions or platforms.
Informix Dynamic Server V10.0 (IDS) provides you with the ability to easily extract data in tables of databases from a 0-level backup to a specified point in time. The extracted data can be loaded in internal, external tables or ASCII files. This feature lets you:
- Extract a table or a set of tables
- Filter the retrieved data
- Retrieve just a subset of columns
- Repartition the data
- Place data in the same version of the database, or in a different database version with a different machine architecture.
To use this feature, you use the archecker utility to extract and load data to specific tables.
Overview of the archecker utility
The archecker utility requires the following:
- The archecker configuration file
- The schema command file
- The archecker command, in order to execute